The Permeate Pump operates as a non-electrical energy recovery device which dramatically improves the efficiency of RO systems. This kit will fit a standard 4 or 5 stage unit, including the WP-5, WP-4V or the RO-Pure. This Kit Includes ¼” and ⅜” adapters.
Powered only by the hydraulic energy of brine water usually lost to the drain (i.e. no electricity required), the Permeate Pump forces product water into the storage tank, reducing membrane back pressure and maximizing available feed pressure. These pumps dramatically improve the efficiency of R.O. water production, reducing wastewater by up to 80%.
The Permeate Pump can be easily retrofitted to upgrade virtually any existing RO system. The pump eliminates the need for hydraulic shutoff valves and can be used to replace booster pumps in well water applications.Compatibility:
- Works with all standard, manifold and RO-Pure units.
- Not Compatible with Systems utilizing ZeroWaste® or Booster Pump Technology.
- Increase reverse osmosis efficiency
- Requires no electricity, powered by energy from brine water.
- Improves recovery rates by as much as 400%.
- Reduces waste water by as much as 80%.
- Ideal for membranes rated from 10-50 GPD.
- Effective for inlet water pressure as low as 30 psi.
- Lowers "TDS creep" (Increases Membrane Life).
- Fills product tank up to 4 times more rapidly.
- NSF approved (Standard 58)
CALIFORNIA PROP 65 WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Download the Installation Instructions here.
Note - Using this pump might increase the air gap noise that is created by the drain water.