Series LFU5B-Z3 Water Pressure Reducing Valves*
Series LFU5B Water Pressure Reducing Valves are designed to reduce incoming water pressure to a sensible level to protect plumbing system components and reduce water consumption. The LFU5B features Lead Free* construction to comply with Lead Free* installation requirements. This series is suitable for water supply pressures up to 300psi (20.7 bar) and may be adjusted from 25 – 75psi (172 – 517 kPa). The standard setting is 50psi (345 kPa). All parts are quickly and easily serviceable without removing the valve from the line. The LFU5B’s standard bypass feature permits the flow of water back through the valve into the main when pressures, due to thermal expansion on the outlet side of the valve, exceed the pressure in the main supply.
Click here to learn how this product can save water, energy, and money.
* The wetted surface of this product contacted by consumable water contains less than 0.25% of lead by weight.
- Standard construction includes Z3 sealed spring cage and stainless steel corrosion resistant adjusting cage screws for accessible outdoor or pit installations
- Integral stainless steel strainer
- Replaceable seat module
- Lead Free* cast copper silicon alloy body construction
- Serviceable in line
- Bypass feature controls thermal expansion pressure (LFU5B-Z3)***
- High temperature resistant reinforced diaphragm for hot water
- NPT threaded female union inlet x NPT female outlet w/built in thermal expansion bypass
A Water Pressure Reducing Valve with integral strainer shall be installed in the water service pipe near its entrance to the building where supply main pressure exceeds 60psi (413 kPa) to reduce it to 50psi (345 kPa) or lower. The valve shall feature a bronze body suitable for water supply pressures up to 300psi (20.7 bar). Provision shall be made to permit the bypass flow of water back through the valve into the main when pressure, due to thermal expansion on the outlet side of the valve, exceed the pressure in the main supply. Water Pressure Reducing Valve with built-in bypass check valves will be acceptable. Approved valve shall be listed to ASSE 1003 and IAPMO and certified to CSA B356. Valve shall be a Watts Regulator Company Series U5B-Z3.
* A water saving test program concluded that reducing the supply pressure from 80-50psi (551-345 kPa) resulted in a water savings of 30%.
** Note: The bypass feature will not prevent the pressure relief valve from opening on the hot water supply system with pressure above 150psi (10.3 bar).
Pressure - Temperature:
Temperature Range: 33°F – 160°F (0.5°C – 71°C)
Maximum Working Pressure: 300psi (20.7 bar)
Adjustable Reduced Pressure Range: 25 – 75psi (172 – 517 kPa)
Standard Reduced Pressure Setting: 50psi (345 kPa)
- Body: Lead Free* cast copper silicon alloy
- Seat: Replaceable stainless steel
- Integral Strainer: Stainless steel
- Diaphragm: Reinforced EPDM
- Valve Disc: EPDM
- Yoke: Lead Free* cast copper silicon alloy
Meets requirements of ASSE Standard 1003; (ANSI A112.26.2); CSA Standard B356; Southern Standard Plumbing Code and listed by IAPMO.
6 7/8 in x 3 1/2 in
5 lb (2.3 kg)